MACHUPICCHU 2 DAYS
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
We will come to pick you up from your hotel at 8:00 am to begin the trip to Ollantaytambo in bus. Along the route (approx. 2 hours) you will pass through the beautiful Sacred Valley and see snowy mountain peaks. When we arrive to Ollantaytambo we will take the train to Aguas Calientes (approx. 2 hours). Once in Aguas Calientes we will have time to eat lunch (on your own), explore the town, and rest. At night we will eat dinner together in a restaurant and discuss our plan for the following day with our guide for Machu Picchu. After dinner we will rest in the hotel.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes—Machu Picchu – Cusco
We will wake up at 5:00 am to take the bus up to the citadel of Machu Picchu. There, we will have a guided tour of the ancient city for an hour and a half, in which the guide will teach us about Inca culture and the construction and purpose of this magnificent city. After the guided tour we will have time to take our final pictures, and those who have chosen to and paid the extra $20.00 in advance will climb Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain. Around 1:00 in the afternoon we will take the bus down to Aguas Calientes from Machu Picchu and lunch is on your own. We will meet at the train station in Aguas Calientes a half hour before your assigned departure time to return to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo we will take the bus back to the Plaza San Francisco in Cusco.
Entrance Ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain: $20.00 per person
Entrance Ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain: $20.00 per person
- Pickup at hotel in Cusco
- Drop off at the Plaza San Francisco in Cusco
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Transport in bus between Cusco and Ollantaytambo (there and back)
- Transport in train between Ollantaybambo and Aguas Calientes (there and back)
- Transport in bus between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu (there and back)
- 1 night stay in Aguas Calientes at the Hotel Presidente
- Snack in the morning of the second day
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Breakfast the first day.
- Lunch on the first and second day.
- Hiayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain(US$ 20 per person).
- Passport(Required for the entrance to Machu Picchu).
- Comfortable walking clothes.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Bug Repellent.