SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
Day 1: Cusco – Km. 104 – Wiñayhuayna – Aguas Calientes:
You will be picked up from your hotel at 3:30 am and transferred (by bus) to the train station in Ollantaytambo to take the 7:00 am train to 104 Km (2000 m.a.s.l./ 6560 ft) located along the Urubamba River where the hike (Camino Inca) will begin. Before heading to visit the Inca archaeological site, we will provide you with a packed lunch and drinks, as well as a briefing, which will be provided by our professional guide. Here you have the chance to take in the beautiful vista of the snow-capped mountains and when ready, start our hike towards the classic Inca trail where we will visit: Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu, the Urubamba River and other Inca sites.
From 104 Km it will take around 3 hours to hike to Wiñayhuayna (Quecua for “Forever Young”) 2600 m.a.s.l/8530 ft. To many this place hosted the ancient houses of the ancient priests of Machu Picchu. Continuing on this route we will arrive at Inti Punku (4 km) where we will have the first view of the historical sanctuary of Machu Picchu. From here the trail will start to descend towards Machu Picchu where we will have the opportunity to take some spectacular photos. We will take a bus to Aguas Calientes where the guide will take us to the hotel, followed later by dinner at a restaurant.
(16 KM/ 10 MI, 7 HOURS)
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
At 4:30 in the morning we head to Machu Picchu with our professional guide to visit the principal sites during a 2-hour tour. After the tour there is free time to visit Machu Picchu again or Inti Punku (the Sun Gate) on your own. If you have selected to visit Huayna Picchu Mountain* or Machu Picchu Mountain*, this is your time to make the ascent. In the afternoon we will return to Aguas Calientes, take a train to Ollantaytambo followed by a bus back to Cusco.
- Cusco transfer to km 82 (bus and train)
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Km. 104
- Entrance fee to the Inca Trail
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Professional guide (Spanish – English)
- 01 night accommodation (hostel) in Aguas Calientes
- 01 bus transfer (Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes)
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (18:45 or 21.30 depending on availability)
- First Aid Kit
- Oxygen tank
- Transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Tips (optional).
- Extra expenses.
- Luxury hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Train ticket with “Vistadome” (premiere class).
- Additional night in Aguas Calientes.
- Visit to Huaynapicchu: additional cost of 65 USD.
- Passport(Requierd for entrance to Machu Picchu).
- A medium sized backpack.
- Lightweight tops/shirts.
- Hiking shoes.
- Wind breaker.
- Swim suit.
- Water bottle.
- Sweets, caramels (can be bought in Cusco).
- Personal items (camera, extra money etc.).